Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"all that I need to get me through this is a long vacation"

We went to Disneyland. We went because we were both horribly close to losing our minds from the stress of the situation. So we road tripped down and stayed at a next door motel and became kids again as we walked to the park. Ron getting too dizzy on the teacups, me being attacked by a giant moth on the Matterhorn. We remembered how to laugh, how to smile. We skipped, galloped, ate cotton candy and churros. We both forgot for a while, the creeping-curdled mess within me that comes out most at home. All that mattered was what ride to go on next, what sweet treat we wanted, how we were going to pose for pictures. On the way home we refocused, planned-prodded. And now here we are still determined and mostly rested. What a wonderful wish, dream come true. 

We are working on organizing the apartment and also confronting my parents. Last night we organized our patio storage unit and then to the office where we are going to set up a big writing space for me and perhaps soon buy me a laptop just for writing. I'm so excited, inspired, determined to get through it all and to the things I want. Writing, floristry, being a strong loving creative soul. 

Isabelle is sleeping on Ron's pillow with pouty lips, not wanting to wake up. Last night we got her a bark collar, she barked once and then jumped back terrified, then slowly creeping forward, lightly, gently, imagining some mean spirited creature had just attacked her. Poor thing. And today she is getting a bath, extra poor thing. 

Now to the day-- and tonight bbq-ing, and watching the playoffs.



No comments: