Monday, August 3, 2009

gone to pot

As I have said before, I'm struggling a lot with my creativity these days. There are a lot of reasons. The biggest being that most of the time I don't have the energy to do things perfectly, which makes problems for me as I sew and then I get irritated and give up. Since I've been sick irritability has been at my doorstep, something I usually don't struggle with. Its to say the least, irritating.

Yesterday I worked on two black apple dolls and this is about as far as I got. After lots of seam ripping I realized that I cut the legs out in the same direction which means that some of the fabric was going to be inside out after I sewed. After a while I realized that making dolls is too intricate of a task for me at the moment. Once again, something I can't do right now. I feel like I'm being stripped of all the good things in my life.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I was just going from blog to blog this morning and came up your post. I could have written this myself this morning. Some how it made be feel better knowing I wasn't the only one feeling this way. Trying to stay postive, that's all we can do right?