Wednesday, January 7, 2009

All out of love

Its a stay at home day. I'm just in my pajamas relaxing and doing little projects around the house. I cleaned the living room floor and have also been tearing pages out of my old magazines--my own way of recycling. Now I'm settling down for a nap. I haven't had a relaxed day like this in months a while so its nice.

I'm getting excited about my art room. Hopefully I can get the things I need so I can start setting it up this weekend. I miss having my own space and all my supplies out for when I need them. I haven't done anything crafty for a few months so its time to get everything out of the boxes and start doing things again. I want to set up my sewing machine and make a quick robin egg blue, pale yellow, green and white patchwork quilt with little buttons on the edges, now just to get fabric and backing and start on it. I also want to start embellishing gloves, vintage purses and making artsy jewelry to sell on Etsy.com (check us out, search for seller SloeGinBetty).

Tomorrow we finally get an oven and dishwasher in the house. I can't wait to bake cookies and not have dry hands from washing dishes. Our little melon countered kitchen will be so happy and chic with new appliances. We are also going to start painting. The entryway is first, we just need to finish taking down the wallpaper and get the paint (a pale blue-green charcoal color) and start in.

No comments: