Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The black puppy

I found these puppies yesterday. Ron and I have been wanting a Lab for as long as we have been together. We took a turn and wanted a Great Dane for a few months but changed our mind once we learned they only live for eight years. We contacted the seller and found out they have 2 females and one male left. We were so excited as we could just afford one and were planning on picking one up this afternoon as they are in Stockton (about an hour away from our house).

Then it hit me: How in the hell can we get another dog right now?!? So a little too responsible me changed our minds and we are going to wait. Wait for the house to be a little more fixed up, wait for us to have some extra money to spoil it some.

So now to figuring out what I actually want for my birthday. First it was a diamond solitaire necklace, then a puppy. What's next? I don't know.

We were going to name her Amelia...sigh.

Love, a little downtrodden Catherine

1 comment:

Rachelle @ Aud and Crafts said...

While its bittersweet, you'll love and adore that puppy more when you're settled and feel ready for him/her. One word of advice, wait to replace any flooring until the dog is housetrained.

For birthday, craft stuff?! Craft class at a local community college/craft store?