Friday, January 16, 2009

Tissue flowers and red shoes

For a few years now I have resolved to always have fresh flowers in the house. I love going to the market on Mondays to pick out new flowers to set on the coffee table. This week there was an especially good selection and I found these elegant little tissue flowers. I call them tissue flowers because they look like the tissues after I cry, all crumpled and twisted up. I put them in an old jar I found in one of the cupboards of the house that the people who lived here before us left, my little country favor.


I found the cutest velvet kitten heels. I'm going to wear them to my brothers wedding in Colorado in two weeks. I'm not looking forward to going to the wedding since my brother and I haven't spoken in over a year. But I am happy for him and now I have some Dorothy slippers to tap together and remind myself "there's no place like home".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes dear - there is no place like home. You and Ron and created a beautiful home. And soon we will get your physical house to look like the home where you and Ron have made your family.... I love you L