Monday, February 9, 2009

New fabric, Mark Rothko and the blues


On Friday Shannon and I went to JoAnn's fabric. What an evil-wonderful store! We found so many great fabrics including the three above that I bought to add to the quilt I'm working on (slowly but surely). I love how graphic and vintage they look together.


Saturday night, after we finished taking down the rest of the wallpaper in the house, Ron and I went on a date and I found a Mark Rothko art print for $14.99! This one is called Violet, Green and Red and I love how the silky blue seems to float on top of the painting. We also went to dinner at Pho Asian Bistro, which is so yummy and we saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button together which was a really good movie. Long, but worth watching, it made me feel passionate, happy, melancholy and philosophical.

I've had the blues the last few days. Everything has been hitting me emotionally, especially losing Granny. I feel so overwhelmed and exhausted and (as I like to call it) cry-ee. But I'm carrying on and trying to keep myself pulled together for the most part.

This week Ron and I are going to Vegas because he has a class to go to. I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands and here is a list of the things I would like to do:

Play poker

Go to the shops at the Bellagio

Make a little monster out of fuzzy white and houndstooth fabric

Cut out my quilt squares

Take lots of pictures and blog

Drink

Win some money

Write a page a day and journal

Re-plan my entire life (that's a big one)

Relax, take bubble baths and act like Eloise

Thank you, charge it please!

No comments: