Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another doll

Here is my second doll. Her shiny silver dress makes her look ready to go into outer space. Sadly, I don't think she can make the next NASA mission. She is quite (quite) wonky as I made the following mistakes:

a. sewed her arms on upside down (woops!)
b. used blue thread on her soft pink skin that is too contrasting and shows up every uneven
stitch.
c. the pink fabric was too fragile and tore a bunch in her arms and legs.

I do like her hair and face though.

I'm feeling ok these days. A little less depressed now that I can get up and get around since I'm not sick anymore. I have to admit, the idea of our Disneyland trip is really keeping me going, which is a good thing (thank you Martha Stewart). I also have some wonderful friends who spend lots of time with me and even send me care packages! I got the most adorable box of goodies from Rachelle including a bag that is so chic and just my style. I am rather, very, very spoiled and lucky.

2 comments:

Rachelle @ Aud and Crafts said...

The dolls are so cute! It inspires me to make dolls that remind me of my friends, maybe a Cate doll?! :)

sally said...

I kind of like the upside down arms. Goes well with the party dress she has on - she's ready to dance!