Sunday, June 28, 2009

The end of an era

We are at the airport with time to kill before our flight. I don't like saying things like "kill" when we are about to go on an airplane, but I just did. As you can see, I am very scared of flying. I already have one Klonopin in me (my pill that gives me the bravery to fly) and may need to take another one before we leave. This morning I was lying in bed with my heart pounding nearly out of my skin imagining our fateful deaths that felt imminent. Silly me.

We have had a great trip. Last night we went to dinner with jk3a (aka Jared) wiltontilt (aka aaron) and there wives and a few others. It was a lot of fun. Jared and Aaron are both professional poker players and Jared is Ron's poker coach. They are all really down to earth, laid back and cool. The buffet we went to is famous for its spicy crab legs and shrimp. Since I hate seafood with a passion I had turkey and mashed potatoes. I wish I took a picture of all the shrimp and crab that was on the table! All the guys had two to three heaping plates of the stuff, it was crazy. Sadly, the shrimp, or scrimp as Ron calls it, didn't settle too well in his belly so he has some eaters remorse.

Jesus was hanging from the ceiling in the Rio! I think it is supposed to be a lady, but her veil looks like a beard and as we know, Jesus is a party-er. He was right in the middle of the dancing ladies and slutty songs of sin city Vegas. I wonder what he was thinking, but love him nonetheless.

I'm excited to be coming home. It was nice to relax and hang out, but I am ready to get back to life- our little house and the puppies. I missed them terribly. Aaron and his wife Missy have the cutest puppy named Dexter. He is a King Charles Cavilier Spaniel, 5 months old and so friendly. We did a lot of snuggling. I wish he could meet Amelia, Isabelle and Winnie as I'm sure they would be fast friends.

xox