Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Puppy dog tails

The past two nights I've been making toys for the dogs (yes, they are extremely spoiled). Last night I made the toys above, simple rectangles made out of this cool funky kitchen towel, with little gingham and heart patches. Even though they don't squeek the girls love them and have been playing with them non-stop since I made them. Weird that they finally like to play with something other than our shoes!

Here is Amelia playing with her new toy.

these are what I made tonight. Little quilted tubes, or as Ron likes to call them "sausages". They haven't bonded with these as much as the previous two, I thought they would have more fun with this shape, but they are both quite unpredictable and silly. I like making toys for them because I can practice using my sewing machine without having to worry about being perfect.

Hope you have a good night snuggling someone you love (even if its a puppy).

1 comment:

Rachelle @ Aud and Crafts said...

Those are super cute Cate, great job! Our dogs are chewers so it's nylabones all the way for them. We used to give them stuffed animals but then we ended up with stuffing all over the house. They each have one 'baby' that they sleep with at night though, it's really cute!