Tuesday, April 7, 2009

t-h-e-r-a-p-y

Therapy is like writing an hour long horribly honest journal entry aloud. Tuesday is my therapy day. I hate Tuesdays. I hate therapy and that I have to go. Its something that is hard to write about and make public because there is such a stigma around it. But I will write about it anyway because I'm tired of keeping things secret.

This is how Tuesday goes:

  • Wake up
  • Workout
  • Tidy the house
  • Shower and dress and mentally prepare for what's coming
  • Leave with Ron for my appointment at 10:40
  • Wait anxiously in the waiting room for fifteen minutes as the dr. is always late
  • Dig for an hour through my heart and soul like picks in a quarry
  • Go home
  • Cry and sleep for a long time
  • Wake in the evening feeling a little better and relieved that its over until next week
Well, its nearly time for me to go so I need to get ready. I hope you don't mind but I'm trying to be more honest about my story (also known as life). Wish me luck today. Luck and rest.

3 comments:

Rachelle @ Aud and Crafts said...

I love that you're so real and open. It helps me remember there's other human life out there with struggles, challenges, and successes!

sally said...

T - troubles
H - heavy heart
E - emotions
R - raw edges
A - advances
P - perseverance
Y - YOU!!!

Hang in there Cate, we are all cheering you on.

catherine said...

Thanks for all your comments. It means a lot to me to know that you care and read my blog. Keep the comments coming!