Sunday, July 5, 2009

Americana

Last night we had a fourth of July barbecue with a few friends. It turned out nice and comfortable and yummy. We all sat outside in Paul and Laura's cute backyard and talked and ate, it was really relaxing. My camera's battery died at the start of the party so these are the only photographs I was able to take.

Later in the evening we lit some cigars. This wasn't my first cigar, but it was my first time smoking one by myself. It was yummy with my bourbon and ginger ale but not so good with frosted sugar cookies.

I ended up drinking way too much and getting drunk. I've never been drunk before so this was a first for me, unintentional mind you. I felt awful all night, wildly apologetic to everyone, nauseas with the damp earthy taste of cigar in my mouth. Now I have a headache. I hate drinking too much as I don't like feeling out of control. At least I learned that 1 beer and 4 bourbon and ginger ales is well above my limit.

Ron and Kevin ended the evening playing video games--Rock Band and Ghostbusters which looked terribly fun and scary to little old me.

Today we are just going to watch movies, play games and nurse me back to health. How was your fourth?

No comments: