Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spinning


This is a picture of the lanterns above the teacups at Disneyland. I love to look at them as we spin and see all the weird colors and shapes. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm spinning now, and we aren't at Disneyland.

For one thing my medication is making me dizzy, this is the weirdest feeling and I end up staying on the couch even more because I don't want to fall over. Life seems to be spinning around me as I am stationary, but at the same time, I feel like I'm spinning in circles and leaving life in the dust. This is Bipolar disorder as you and I well know. The ups and the downs. Sadly, I have Bipolar II which means I don't get the ecstatic highs, but instead get the melancholy highs of racing thoughts and anxiety. I will have two "high" days followed by three or four down days. This illness is horrible in its ability to strike me down flat on my face right when I think I am making progress.

Off to therapy now. Wish me luck as I have to explain this as well as several other things in fifty minutes. Sometimes I feel so rushed...

No comments: