Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Oh, my talking bird"

This poster is on our mantle and its a lesson I'm trying to learn every day. To keep calm in the midst of feeling like my world is crashing around me, and to carry on in spite of my desire to stay in bed and hide.

Therapy was good and hard yesterday. I snuggled a pillow and cried for an hour. Cried about how exhausted I am emotionally and physically, cried about how hard it is to get through the days. We took a big step back and realized that I have to lower the standards I hold myself to. I need to accept that getting through the day is a success, even if I do nothing but sleep all day that way I won't be so disappointed when all my fabulous morning plans go to pot. This makes me sad and relieved at the same time. Sad because I want to do more, relieved because I can just rest and take care of myself. I need to remember that I am sick, I have an illness, its not just an emotional problem, its not a weakness--its depression.

I'm really in a low dark creepy crawly place this week but am holding on. My medication has been raised once again so I hope that will help soon. Now to rest and do simple easy tasks.

Things I might do today:

Go to the market
Bake cookies
Do a small art project
Read

No comments: