Thursday, July 30, 2009

"The bleeding hearts nailed to the side"

I have been searching for my Bible for a long time now. It is a thin burgundy leather, all broke in and cozy to use. Pressed in it are flowers from our wedding and all the comforting Psalms and most of Job are highlighted. I found it last night after saying a brief prayer about it. I haven't read the Bible in about two years. I'm so tired and downtrodden in regards to God, but I'm going to try again. Right now I really need some comfort and I hope reading the Bible will help. Even if I don't know whether I believe in God, the thoughts and ideas are expressive, poetic and have the ability to comfort.

I'm feeling ok this morning. Hoping the one and a half pills at bedtime are working. Today I am having lunch with Shannon and then crafting. I have cut out the patterns for two dolls, one white with blond hair and one yellow with purple hair.

So many birds are chirping outside. Mostly Blue Jays and a few little brown stout ones. The brown ones are so cute and hoppy, I want to name them cute names like Elizabeth and Henry.

3 comments:

Rachelle @ Aud and Crafts said...

Yea for lunch with Shannon, can I join? :)

Do you have anything with birds on it in your house? A little figurine, tea towels? It seems like something that would fit in the kitchen.

catherine said...

I have a few bird things but none for my kitchen. I may need to make something...

sally said...

Mike here....husband of Sally. Cate, I too struggle with reading God's written word. When I do sit to read I always say a little prayer. "God, show me your perfect love through your written word this day." The Bible is the greatest love story every written. It is a love story from a God who loves his people so much that throughout history He has supplied our every need, including allowing His only son to die that we may have life and have it abundantly. Cate, I pray right now that the Father would pour out His perfect love on you in a mighty and powerful way. That He would touch you this very minute with His healing hand and that your road to recovery would be without bumps and pot holes. Lean on Him, press in hard and allow His arms to hold you as only He can. It is a wonderfully safe place to linger.

May He bless you this day!!!!

In Christ,

Mike