Tuesday, October 7, 2008

mourning

Isabelle is lying next to me upset that I put her bark collar on, she is very serious this morning. Serious, and sleepy with her eyebrows constantly shifting in strange thoughts and proddings. Perhaps plotting my death, perhaps plotting breakfast.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought our pumpkins for Halloween, one white and one cinderella pumpkin. Which is a gorgeous pale orange with green sections and nice and squat and wide like someone sat and smooshed a regular pumpkin. They are sitting by the fire place and I love them. They make me feel warm and autumned.

Last night I went to bed at 8:30 and woke up at 8 this morning. I have been incredulously tired lately. It clamors up my spine and straight into my soul. Such a tired, depressed girl these days. I just feel awful, awful. Nothing feels good anymore, nothing is exciting.

But its Autumn and this gives me a shade, a tinge of happiness when I think of slow sweet holidays, bundling up near the fireplace, peppermint mochas, the leaves turning, the cold rush and chill.

No comments: