Friday, October 31, 2008

The aftermath

So yesterday I met with my parents and it went (insert drum roll) amazingly well. They want to have a relationship and I can already see changes. My dad wants to take me to lunch today, something we have never done. It's scary and exciting to have parents again. To have a dad really, for the first time. It's a sad but also happy moment. There is still so much grieving to do but also so much hope for the future.

The turnaround has officially started and I already miss Ronald. He will probably have to work this weekend. But I just have to take this time and pack, do art, meditate, listen to calm sultry music and drink tea.

Isabelle is very silly as we have found a new tickle spot on her back. Each time we scratch it her leg goes into scratchy convulsions and she lifts her head with the happiest most anxious expression. She is rotten as she woke me up early only to go back to sleep after we shared my poptart. What a selfish adorable mooch.

Now to the day, to a scary-exciting lunch with my dad and to resting and being thankful.

No comments: