Wednesday, October 29, 2008

this is the part

So they are coming tomorrow. I am horribly, sickly anxious about it but still moving. It's only 11:30 am but I feel like it should be night already from all the thinking and worrying I have done today. I'm ready to just get it over with. Tonight to lots of drinking, seeing the house at 4 and having a home meeting with Ron's parents which should be good. I'm rather excited/nervous about the house and expectant joyful to see it again today. The little darling mess of a thing that will suck up all our money like a leach in a festering pond.

I'm all practiced up with what I am going to say but not ready. Ready to talk but not ready to see them, the backs of their eyelids, the sinews of their flesh. To actually see, touch, be, with them is terrifying. These things, these ravaging creatures, this mom and dad.

We are at Panera and it's nice to sit and relax or try to relax. I am full, full of anxiety and vegetable soup. Friday is Halloween and we are going to see Beetle Juice at the theater tomorrow. And then carve the little white pumpkin Friday night. Our version of celebration for an all howls eve.

Oh lord of lore, wish me luck for the humdrum horrid monster tomorrow.

No comments: